Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hot off the virtual presses! "You've Got Mail from Japan"

***BREAKING NEWS***

Just released to Amazon Kindle. Available for download for only $2.99.

You've Got Mail from Japan
by Kristie Leigh Maguire

Margie and Sandy, two American expatriate women, meet and become friends while living in Saudi Arabia. After their husbands’ assignments in Saudi Arabia were completed, both women returned to their homes in the United States: Margie to Nevada and Sandy to Texas. Margie soon accompanies her husband on to his next assignment to Japan while Sandy remains at home surrounded by her family and friends.

Some things are very private—diaries, phone calls, letters, and emails between friends. You’ve Got Mail from Japan lifts that veil of privacy. The friendship between these two women shines from the pages and you feel as if you have eavesdropped on a private conversation, but accidentally, and then they smile at you and welcome you into their circle of friendship.

You’ve Got Mail from Japan consists of actual excerpts of emails between Margie and Sandy as they were written, with all the ‘warts’ and misspellings. The writing is real and down to earth, as only emails between good friends can be.

Come along and follow their incredible journey.

Prologue

You’ve Got Mail from Japan is an example of what true friendship can mean if you have the courage to reach out and embrace it. To forge the bonds of friendship and to hold that friendship close to your heart. To share your experiences, each becoming a stronger person for having shared those experiences with the other.

True friendship is a rare thing. Few have the courage to reach out and grab it. To hold on to it. To even recognize that it has been offered to them. To realize that their lives would be richer for having had it. True friendship is to be there for the other in times of adversity as well as joy. True friendship is a precious thing to be guarded like a valued treasure. Remember, that which has been shattered into a million pieces cannot be pieced back together again.

Over the years of my lifetime, I have been faced with many difficult choices. Which road should I choose next? How would the path that I chose to follow affect the ultimate design of the grand scheme of my life? It has not been easy for me to know which road to choose. I have had to make some very tough decisions along the way but I know the road I chose to follow at the time was the right one for me at that point in my life.

I have had to be tough. Very tough. I am like an old piece of rawhide. That old rawhide has become weathered and worn over the years. That old rawhide has been strengthened by the challenges that life has thrown at me. On the other hand, that same old tough piece of rawhide is constantly being polished to the soft sheen and luster of the finest piece of rare silk with each new test that I face and overcome.

I am woman! Hear me roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment