Sunday, July 15, 2012

BigAl's Books and Pals: Author Interview: Kristie Leigh Maguire

BigAl's Books and Pals: Author Interview: Kristie Leigh Maguire



In these interviews I’ll often ask if an author always knew they wanted to be a writer. It’s one of those questions that are cliché, but often have good answers. But from your bio I suspect the answer to this would be no. Instead, why don’t you tell us, what prompted you to become a writer?


I’ve always been an avid reader but had never seriously considered becoming a writer although the thought crossed my mind occasionally. However, that changed when I was living in Japan and couldn’t find books to read that were written in English. This may sound strange now but remember it was 1997 before the e-book craze took off with the advent of good e-readers like the Kindle, the Nook, and the Ipad. It may sound stupid but I decided that if I wanted a book to read, I’d have to write one myself. Thus my career as a writer was born. I’m just an avid reader turned writer and author.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment