Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Self-Publishing Star Amanda Hocking Sells Next Series to St. Martin’s





By 
Published: June 19, 2013

Amanda Hocking, who sold more than one million copies of her self-published novels before turning to a traditional publisher, has sold another series to St. Martin’s Press.

“I’ve enjoyed my work self-publishing, and I will never rule out the possibility of self-publishing something again in the future,” Ms. Hocking said in a statement, “but right now, I’d rather focus on my writing instead of stressing about formatting and pricing and book covers and finding editors.”
The new series, “Kanin Chronicles,” is a paranormal trilogy for young adults, the publisher said. The first book in the series is expected to be released in summer 2014.
St. Martin’s paid Ms. Hocking more than $2 million for the world English rights to a previous series, “Watersong.”

No comments:

Post a Comment