Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bringing back a classic

War Eagle, son of a chief of the Oglala Lakotas, leads his hunting party on a raid, killing many soldiers and taking a white woman captive. Caroline Sims sparks a forbidden attraction in the fierce warrior, and the pair soon find themselves locked in a passionate battle for their lives.


Bringing back a classic, July 13, 2010 - 5 stars
This review is from: Lakota Flower (Kindle Edition)

I read this book when it first came out in paperback and loved it. When I saw that it was now offered as a Kindle version, I grabbed it. I'm so glad I did. I really enjoyed reading this story again. You just don't see books like this written now. Some recent reviewers of this book say they didn't enjoy it because there was too much history in it and not enough romance. I thought it was a very good blend. I just got back from a trip to the Black Hills and really enjoyed reading "how it used to be" vs "how it is today". Thanks to Janelle Taylor and her publisher for bringing this classic back to life with a Kindle version.

Kristie Leigh Maguire
author of Second Chances

No comments:

Post a Comment