Monday, November 11, 2013

Carly Phillips goes Indie!

 Carly’s Big News!

Posted by  at Oct 15, 2013 5:51 am


I know I’ve been teasing everyone for a while now about some exciting news that I have in the works. And I now have the official go-ahead to tell the world what’s coming next for me! Are you ready? I’m so ready to share. I’ve been DYING to shout from the rooftops and have had a hard time keeping the news to myself. But here you go:

I’m going Indie!

That’s right. Instead of publishing my next series of books with a traditional publisher, I’ve decided to self-publish the series. Don’t worry, I’ll explain what this means for you. But first …
I made the decision to self-publish my next series for one primary reason:YOU, my readers. The rise and success of self-publishing has obviously made a huge impact on the industry, and many of my readers have reached out to me personally, encouraging me to make some changes. Although my publishers have always been very good to me and I’ve very much enjoyed working with them, there is a good reason for me to make the switch. More control. Making the move to indie is giving me more control over my books. I’m no longer tied to a specific word count set by a publisher. I have more control over the editing process. I can make the final decisions on covers, release dates, blurbs and content. And the most important factor: I now set the price points of my books. Making the switch to self-publishing is giving me total control to make both myself and you, my readers very, very happy.


Read the rest of the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment