Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pan Macmillan deal for self-published author

12.11.13 | Caroline Carpenter

Pan Macmillan has acquired five self-published and two unpublished novels by bestselling e-book saga writer Mary Wood.
Louise Buckley bought UK and Commonwealth rights, including Canada, from Judith Murdoch at the Judith Murdoch Literary Agency.
Wood, who began writing in 1989 and found success in 2011 when she started to self-publish her novels, said she was "thrilled to be taking the next step and entering the world of traditional publishing". 
Read the rest of the story. 

Mary Wood Biography

I was born in Maidstone, Kent, United Kingdom in 1945, the thirteenth child of fifteen children. Repatriation after the second world war saw my family being re-settled in Leicestershire. Most of my childhood was spent in villages. We lived in ex-Army huts and it felt like a palace when we were finally allocated a three bed roomed Council house.

I slept in a double bed with three of my sisters, but gradually made it to a bed of my own as each sister left to get married. In the wintertime my mum used old coats to cover me and my siblings at night to try to keep us warm.

Educated at St Peter's RC School in Hinckley, I loved writing from a very young age. When setting composition titles, one teacher used to say to me: 'Mary Olley (my nee name) I want one page and one page only, not a novel!' And yet, another teacher, of whom I have fond memories, Mr Tom Payne, encouraged my to write all I could and even remarked that he thought I would one day be an Author!

It took a long time, but at last I have achieved this.

No comments:

Post a Comment