Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Joss Ware - Who is she and why am I just now finding her?

I just discovered this exciting author from my Romantic Times newsletter that I received in my in box this morning. Here is the blurb that caught my eye in RT (I am always interested in post-apocalyptic novels, especially with 2012 looming so near).

Our main feature for January is on doomsday fiction and is quite timely with the release of 2012, which took over the weekend cinema box office sales. We have been tracking this trend in fiction for over a year now and had the feature planned long before we knew about the movie! In the article we explore the public’s fascination with this topic, as well as why authors are creating “brave new” post-apocalyptic worlds.

There’s also a sidebar by Joss Ware, aka Colleen Gleason, who talks about her new post-apocalyptic series, launching in January with BEYOND THE NIGHT, which received a Top Pick. Joss is also the "Ask the Author" guest on our website, so be sure to visit her and bring all of your questions. She will be there through November 29!
I knew I had to find out more about Joss Ware aka Colleen Gleason. I Googled her and found she has a most beautiful and interesting website. I just adore the design of her site! So unusual and so effective for her new series of novels about the post-doomsday world.


Joss Ware has a degree in English and an MBA from the University of Michigan. After more than fifteen years in sales and marketing, she owned her own business and worked in a variety of roles for two startup companies. She's traveled to London, Paris, and Tahiti, and currently resides with her family near Ann Arbor, where she writes full-time

Joss has 3 novels in the Awakening Heroes series that will be released in 2010. The 1st one, Beyond the Night, is scheduled for a Jan 10 release. The 2nd one, Embrace the Night Eternal, is set for release in Feb 10. The 3rd, Abandon the Night, will be out in March 10.

I honestly don't think I can wait that long to purchase them but I guess I will have to since I'm too late to enter the contest where Joss was giving away 3 ARCs of Beyond the Night at her blog. Boo hoo! I missed it, darn it! Always a day late and a dollar short!



Beyond the Night by Joss Ware

A man with no future . . .

When Dr. Elliott Drake wakes from a mysterious fifty-year sleep, the world as he knew it is gone. Cities are now desolate, and civilization is controlled by deadly immortals. Stranger still is Elliott's extraordinary new "gift"—he has the power to heal, but it comes with fatal consequences.

A woman with a past . . .

Jade barely escaped the immortals and is now hell-bent on revenge. She trusts no one . . . until Elliott. His piercing gaze and tempting touch shatter her defenses, but the handsome doctor seems to have dangerous secrets of his own. Is it safe to trust him with her heart?

If they are to survive in this dark new world, Jade and Elliott must work together to fight the forces that take them beyond danger.

Beyond desire.

Pre-Order from Amazon.com.




2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Thank you so much for highlighting my new series! Very very nice of you.

    I will pass on your compliments to my (awesome) web designer. I love her work--she did both of my websites. (ColleenGleason.com and JossWareBooks.com).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by Sizzling Hot Romance and commenting, Joss!

    I have a question for you. Why are you using a different name for this series than you did for your vampire series? And which is your real name, if either?

    I'm dying to know the answer as I am sure my readers are too.

    Kristie Leigh Maguire (which is not my real name either ... it's my pen name ... lol)

    ReplyDelete