Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Author Kiki Howell is guest blogger today!

In my efforts to bring my readers here at Sizzling Hot Romance something new and exciting, I have begun inviting authors who are of interest to me, and hopefully to you, to guest blog here .

Author Kiki Howell is my first guest blogger that I am presenting to you. Kiki and I are friends at Facebook. I was visiting her website and her "slogan" caught my eye. She describes herself as an author of magical erotic romances. Naturally, since I write sensual/erotic romances too, this caught my eye and made me want to know more about Kiki. AND since she is multi-published with Whiskey Creek Press, I wanted to know how she came to be with Whiskey Creek Press and her experiences with them as an author. Without further adieu, here is Kiki telling us about this in her own words.

*****

Hi! I am Kiki Howell, Author of Magical Erotic Romances! My byline explains what captures my imagination and what I write about. “Magic” to me means an escape from life, a mystical world where anything can happen. I have always been enthralled with witches and werewolves, demons and angels, vampires and ghosts. So, I use them as my heroes or heroines, or even sometimes as the entity that brings the hero and heroine together. This leads to the next element, which is “romance” – which is magical in and of itself, right? I love that suspense-filled, bumpy road to a Happy Ever After ending. The last word, “erotic,” just amps both the magic and the romance to a different level!

My imagination works overtime, most of the time! This is how, when I finally got back into writing after a long break having my kids, I started my first published stories. I was looking into different publishers who published in the mixed genres I wanted to write in when I found Whiskey Creek Press Torrid. They had a line called, Celtic Love Knots, at the time where they published two short stories with a Celtic theme by one author each month. My brain immediately started brewing ideas!

Whiskey Creek Press Torrid luckily took both of my submitted stories, “Sexual Magick,” and “Tailltean Marriage” and published them in Celtic Love Knots, Volume 10. This is why I feel that reading Calls for Submissions is a great way to break into the business. When a call gets your imagination working overtime, you are writing a story the publisher is actively looking for.

I did the same thing when I wrote my latest release for them, The Witch’s Beast. Whiskey Creek Press Torrid has another line called Torrid Twisted Tales where they publish erotic versions of fairy tales. I immediately thought up The Witch’s Beast which settled a long standing grudge I had with the Brothers Grimm. Even as a kid I wondered why the witch, who started it all with her spell, only got that one line mention. At the end of the Brothers Grimm version of the Beauty and the Beast it says, “An evil witch turned me into a monster...” with no explanation as to why she did it, and they didn’t even give her a chance to explain herself. Disney does give her three lines to explain that the Prince was selfish and unkind—the why, but again, did we ever hear from her? No! So, I felt she had a story to tell, and I wrote my version of the story completely from the witch’s point of view.

Boy, I think I got of topic there a bit, but it only goes to prove my point that sometimes Calls for Submissions can be great place to find your muse!

Please visit me at http://www.kikihowell.com/. Make sure to look at my COMING SOON page where I have listed a novel coming out in October with eXcessic in print and ebook called, A Modern Day Witch Hunt, that I am very excited about! You will also find my LINKS there to my Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter pages.

******

Thank you, Kiki, for taking the time to visit Sizzling Hot Romance from Kristie Leigh Maguire and for sharing your thoughts with my readers! Much appreciated. :)

You can purchase The Witch's Beast by CLICKING HERE.

BLURB:
A witch rejected…a few spells for revenge…an arrogant Prince turned into a Beast…a beautiful woman taken captive …And, that is just the beginning of this tale of a Beauty and a Beast told by the Witch who cast the spell that began it all. A dismal castle, possessed candles, and a little mangy fur will be the least of the Beast’s troubles as the Witch goes into a jealous rage over the Beauty he now holds captive.A magic mirror…desperate sex spells…magical seductive dreams…orgasmic punishments in a dungeon…This time, the Beast will be caught between a Beauty who has caught his eye but rejects his proposal of marriage, and the Witch who allows him moments in his human form to fulfill his every sexual desire.For whom will there be a happily-ever-after?

REVIEWS:
You Gotta Read Reviews
(Rating - You Need To Read)
Tir said,"In the spirit of Gregory Macguire's Wicked, The Witch's Beast tells an old familiar tale from a different angle with a sexy spin. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and its characters. Ms. Howell paints Beauty and the Beast in an entirely differently light, putting your sympathies in places you wouldn't imagine when thinking of the original tale. Those once loved in the original story are shown in a new way and expands the character of the Witch who turns a Prince into a Beast, in more ways than one. I would definitely recommend you pick up this book so you can read this tale and find out the new ending to the Beast's story."

The Witch's Beast got 4.5 stars at Ecataromance.com!
"Beauty and the Beast…and the Witch with an erotic twist...The ultimate question comes down to, can the Witch get the Prince in the end? This was a really fun read. Enjoy."

Jade at Ready Reader Reviews said,"I loved Kiki Howell's sexy, erotic version of Beauty and the Beast, The Witch's Beast. Ms. Howell hooked me right away with the witch, Seraphina, flying into a rage caused by Prince Amir's brutal rejection of her. Tying in her tumultuous emotions with the violent storm set the scene for how strong her love and sexual desire for the Prince is and therefore how vicious her revenge. Seraphina's spells and Wiccan beliefs were woven throughout the story in a way that has me believing in her powers and being glad I'm not the one falling victim to her whims. Ms. Howell has created a sympathetic heroine, because after all, who hasn't done impulsive things for love? ... but Seraphina has a grasp on the realities of tampering with nature and a genuine remorse for hurting the Prince and then using her powers for her own selfish desires. Kiki Howell wove an emotionally as well as physically sensual story."

-- "Kiki’s use of words and descriptions is indescribable and weaves a kind of magic around the reader." ParaNormal Romance Reviews

*****

Kiki Howell
Author of Magical Erotic Romances
http://www.kikihowell.com/

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks to Kiki for dropping by Sizzling Hot Romance today. I hope you all enjoyed finding out more about this author and her books. :)

    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview and information! I'm going over to check it out now!!!

    ReplyDelete