Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Beach Day!


Today is my husband's birthday and we are going to the beach. He loves snorkeling and I don't. I love playing in the water and sitting on the beach enjoying the sun and reading a good book. No matter how many times my husband tells me how beautiful things are under the water, I really don't want to see all those things that are under the water. I don't want to see the pretty fish that might nibble my toes or the coral that I might step on and hurt my feet. I really don't like putting my face in the water. I'll float on top of the water. I'll jump in the waves. But I'll keep my face above water and view his underwater world through the pictures he takes. A great compromise for each of us, both enjoying our beach day in our own way.

After almost 26 years of marriage, we have learned that we are each individuals who may enjoy different things and look at life in our own way but that we enjoy being together. It's a matter of compromise. Learning to live together. Being friends as well as husband and wife. Learning the difference between enduring love and being in love. Knowing that we can be mad as hell at each other and argue and disagree but that we will stay together anyway.








No comments:

Post a Comment